Thursday, May 9, 2013

Under Armour's What's Beautiful Campaign


I joined the Under Armour What's Beautiful Campaign with FitFluential this week and I think you should join me!  I know, you're sick of seeing work out related blog posts.  Just read it, ok :)

So what is it?  Basically you set a goal for yourself, post pictures, videos, etc along the way to your goal and win prizes.  Change your goal as you achieve it if you want.


 
DECLARE A GOAL
My goal is  Inspire busy women to fit in 150 minutes per week of dedicated exercise. Encourage women to try a triathlon  #I WILL.
 
 
THE PRIZE
Each week Under Amour will select women to send UA products to as a reward for participating in the challenges.  The challenges are weekly tasks like posting a picture of the body part you will need most to achieve your goal or a video of yourself working out with a friend.

At the end of the contest three winners will be flown to Costa Rica to attend a four-day yoga and surf retreat. They will be treated to massages, spa treatments and a personal chefs.

THE TEAM
Many of the FitFluential members are making teams together for shared goals, like a PR in a running race.  I wanted my goal to be something more general and focused on the overall health benefits of being active. 

The American Heart Association guidelines for exercise are for at least 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity weekly(or 30 minutes 5 times a week).  This amount of exercise is the MINIMUM for major health benefits like reducing risk of stroke and heart attack.  It also reduces the risk of cirrhosis and even some types of cancer.

150 MINUTE CLUB PHOTO

So I made a team called 150 Minute Club.  I hope you'll join.
No matter what you choice to do for your activity, if you're reading this blog chances are you are someone whom I care a lot about and I want you to be happy and healthy for a long time.
So do some yoga, walk, swim, hike, whatever you want.  Just do it 150 minutes a week.
It's not about doing some crazy race or kicking your own butt.  It's about being healthy for yourself and for those who love you.
If you want to join my team here is the link
http://whatsbeautiful.ua.com/team/207

 
 
 
 

 



 

 

No comments: