Monday, May 6, 2013

Cubs Derby Day

 After a long run on the lake front path, Jay and I headed to Wrigley for the first time in 2013.  The weather was perfect- crisp and sunny.  The first 10,000 ladies received derby day hats in honor of the Kentucky Derby held later in the day.  Hard to beat a day at the ball park. I love Wrigley field.  The history, the sounds, the smells.  

After the game we went directly to our friend's biannual derby party.  These kentucky natives through a great derby party and I've been looking forward to the mint julip cupcakes and bourbon slushies since the last time they had the party.

Each person drew a horse name out of a hat and placed a $2 bet.  The winning horse took the pot.  Jason won! 

Of course the horse sweater from The TenCate Christmas white elephant exchange was a big hit.
 

No comments: