Monday, May 20, 2013

Officially Summer

This weekend was a whirlwind. Milwaukee to Chicago on Friday night to pick up Jason and hang out with friends. Saturday morning long run along the Chicago lake front before heading to Michigan for my baby cousin Kyle's wedding (photos to come once I fix my camera). We made a pit stop in South Haven to watch the Red Wings vs Blackhawks game before heading to Saugatuck for the wedding/reception and Saugatuck Brewery.
It was so much fun to catch up with my sister, parents, cousins, aunt and uncle all afternoon and evening.


Sunday we spent the morning on Payne Lake.  It was a perfect sunny day.  Elizabeth and I went swimming.  Dad took her on the kayak.  We sat on the porch swing, drinking coffee while looking at the ducks on the lake.  I went for my first open water swim of the year.  Then we stopped at our favorite old-fashioned drive-in diner in Charleston, "The Port" for shakes.

And now....it officially feels like summer.


No comments: