Koss and Fitfluential compensated me, but all thoughts are my own.
Remember last week I had an incredible opportunity to meet Dara Torres at Koss Fit Series product launch? Until earlier that week I'd never heard of Koss. As it turns out, Koss is a pretty big deal when it comes to manufacturing and design of headphones. In fact, my mom told me that when she and my dad were first married, my dad saved up to buy a pair of Koss headphones because "they were the best."
I'm not super high tech when it comes to audio-electronics. For the past decade, the only headphones I've used are the ones that come free with any apple product. Lately I feel like everywhere I turn someone is marketing new headphones for runners. Even at the Expo in Nashville, people were shoving earphones at me telling me how great they were. So I wanted to give the Koss FitClips and FitBuds a good try before I told you my thoughts.
Koss FitClips and FitBuds use an in-ear design that you put in and it actually feels like it's suctioned in your ear. They come with three different ear cushion sizes so you can make sure you have a perfect fit. They boast that they make the smallest earbuds at 33% percent smaller than the average earbud, perfect for women. Since I'm a larger than average female, I really thought this wouldn't matter to me. I was so surprised when I tried the different sizes that actually the smallest bud is what fit me the best. Who knew. I guess I have un-proportionality tiny ears?
My initial impression of both the FitClips and FitBuds: Wow. I honestly didn't know my Ipod could sound so clear. In fact, the sound is SO good, that it intimidated me a little bit. When I was on my spin bike at the launch event, I couldn't even hear what Nicole was saying to me even with the music down low. I wore the FitClips during the sweat-fest spin class. They fit in your ear and then around the top of your ear holding them in place. Not one single moment where they slipped or felt uncomfortable. I loved them. I do think the perfect sound and suction technology made it hard to be aware of your surroundings. Not exactly ideal for a run on a busy lakefront path where bikers are hollering "on your left" going 30 mph. But then again, really no headphone is appropriate for that setting.
I went for a few runs with my FitBuds and FitClips to compare them. I even went on one run and wore one pair for 3 miles and switched to the other pair for the return home. They are very similar. They have the same suction like technology. Same super clear sound. The FitBuds are more like your standard shape headphones while the FitClips have the over-the-ear design.
photo credit: Carrots n Cake
If I had to pick one, I'd pick the FitClips. I felt like they stayed in place a little bit better. But maybe I really just like them better because they are yellow and my fitbuds are purple.
If I had to pick one, I'd pick the FitClips. I felt like they stayed in place a little bit better. But maybe I really just like them better because they are yellow and my fitbuds are purple.
Both the FitClips and
FitBuds come in five bright colors. They have sweat-resistant coating, so they are perfect for being active. They both are available online at Koss and also eventually they should be at Walmart for $29.99.
If you use Fit4Life code you'll get $5.00 off.
Enjoy!
1 comment:
So true that you can't really hear when you have them in! I think that the event we were all probably shouting to one another.
Post a Comment