Monday, December 31, 2012

Merry Midwestern Tour

For Christmas this year, in an attempt to spend time with both my family and Jason's, I went jumping from city to frozen city in the perfectly snow covered Midwest after a much awaited first snow from Draco's blizzard. 


After work on Friday, I rushed from Milwaukee to Chicago to join Jason at KPMG's company holiday party.  It was held at The Grand Hall in Union Station.  The decor was spectacular.  Food included a full sushi bar, complete with little take out boxes stuffed with pad thai.  They had another area with comfort food, the lobster mac-n-cheese was outstanding.  The drinks were flowing, but my night was complete when a little ice cream cart with Black Dog Gelato came around handing out sample size gelato.  KPMG went up 100 notches in my book with that detail.




Saturday morning I joined more people than you could imagine at Midway to travel to Minneapolis to see this little girl and the rest of my family.  It was a short trip but so fun to spend time with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and little Ellie who is growing up so fast.




Christmas Eve was spent back in Chicago.  Jason and I hosted both sets of our parents at our condo in the West Loop.  We enjoyed home made chili, wine, and of course a wild game of pictionary followed by yuker.  Both of which we lost at.

Christmas day was spent with Jason's family at his sisters house in the suburbs. It was so fun to see all their family traditions. I forgot to take pictures, but here is one of my new t-shirt curtosy of my lovely fiance.







Merry Christmas to all!!

No comments: