Friday, July 27, 2012

FitFluential

A few months ago I joined twitter.  My plan was to follow my favorite bridal magazines and Chicago restaurants.  I was really enjoying the deals and notices about happenings in the Chicago area.  I had no intention of being more than a twitter voyeur. 



Slowly I started following more and more athletes.  I was inspired by people posting their workouts and healthy habits.  At the same time, during my triathlon training, people at my gym who learned that I was a Gastroenterologist started coming to me with a variety of GI problems they encounter during training and racing.   I started to see the bigger picture and the potential of twitter.  I felt I have something unique to offer the community of endurance athletes with my training as a marathon runner, Ironman and most importantly as a Gastroenterologist.  Then something fantastic happened.  I was accepted as a FitFluential Ambassador.

FitFluential is a nationwide network of highly influential fitness enthusiasts sharing their journey both online and offline through multiple social media platforms, according to their website.  Fitfluential has 600+ ambassadors worldwide who reach over 100 million people each month.  I'm thrilled to help deliver the positive messages of health, wellness and balance.
(and working on these elements in my own life)


My goal is to help keep the movement going on twitter and provide my followers with GI related health tips which could help them achieve their own fitness goals.  I'm already amazed at the connections I have made.  If you are interested in getting my tweets follow @V10kate.

As for my blog.  I don't have any intentions of this changing from personal photos/stories for my family and close friends.  You may find an occasional fitness/health/product review posts but otherwise no change! 


7 comments:

Betsy said...

Congrats and welcome to FitFluential. It's a fun place to be!

Katie @wishandwhimsy said...

Welcome to the Fitfluential Family. I absolutely love it and I am confident that you will, too. Everyone is incredibly inspiring. I look forward to keeping up with you and your blog. I blog over at www.wishandwhimsy.com

Veronica said...

Thanks ladies!! Looking forward to staying motivated.

The Hamm Family said...

FitTastic! Congrats!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes said...

Welcome to FitFluential! :) I have a ton of GI problems so I always love finding someone new to talk about poop with, lol.

Anonymous said...

No one can talk Poop like you do, my dear!!! Enjoy as you talk the talk and walk the walk - opps I mean run the run!

MTC said...

Sorry - didn't mean to be anonymous.....MTC