Between studying, olympics, a horrible comedian and my friend Jacquie's visit this weekend I looked out the window and saw this giant inflated rat race.
I couldn't resist. Jason and I walked across the parking lot to a free festival put on by Father Mac's Charity which funds Haymarket Rehab Center. I've always been very impressed by Haymarket since I took a tour during medical school. I've had several patients who went through detox and rehab for drugs and alcohol here. Some actually work there to help others in similar situations. Haymarket is not only a rehab center but it provides people with skills needed to obtain jobs and get back on their feet again.
I couldn't believe how great this free festival was. There was a zip-line going down an entire city block. A rock climbing wall. Several large inflatable things for kids to jump on, slide down, race through. Pop shot, football toss, soccer kick. A train that kids rode up and down the street. Free ice cream cones. Trampolines.
AND FREE PONY RIDES (if you weigh under 120lb....damn)
What a fun thing to stumble upon on a Sunday afternoon. Too bad none of my friends with kids could come over and join us. Maybe next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment