Monday, May 21, 2012

San Diego- DDW 2012

I'm in San Diego for the annual Digestive Disease Week meeting of Gastroenterologists from all over the world. While the majority of time has been spent in conference rooms, I have made time for some fun! 

 I came in a day early and Andrea took the train down from L.A. to hang out. We had so much fun. We walked to entire city from Gaslamp to Seaside Village, to Embarcadero, to Little Italy. Stopping along the way for manicures, game of checkers, shopping, and cocktails.  We even fit in a seaside jog!
The conference itself was much less painful when I could sit next to my old friend from undergrad dorms who is also a GI doc, Marcy.  We caught up and I had a chance to get to know her husband much better which was an added bonus.
After the meeting we hit the Hard Rock Pool for happy hour and carried the evening on from there. Great times!
Last evening Marcy, Osman and I took a taxi up to La Jolla to meet up with a residency friend Jane who is doing her interventional cardiology fellowship at Scripps Clinic.  We ate at Georges on the Cove which was amazing and a perfect end to a wonderful trip.
See you soon Chicago.

No comments: