Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cinco De Miler

 Sunday Annie and I ran in the Running Away Multisport- Cinco de Miler.  It's the first race we've ran together and we had so much fun.  We joined 3000+ Chicago runners for a 5 (get it Cinco) mie run around Montrose Harbor and along Lake Michigan.  We had our weekly gab-session while running and were greeted by Mariachi bands along the way.
 Perhaps the best post-race party I've seen with churros, chips and salsa and breakfast burritos for everyone!  There were pinatas, a live band and Modelos for those who wanted a beer at 9am (not us).  If one picture posing with food wasn't enough, here's another...
Needless to say I was very excited about the snacks.  Neither of us wore watches or paid much attention to our pace.  Later in the day I checked our time and was surprised to see our pace was much slower than it felt.  I'm not sure I've ever talked to someone an entire race and maybe that was why I felt so winded.  Perhaps it's that I'm only running one day a week right now.  Either way, I wouldn't change one thing about this race.  I'm so happy Annie and I have started running together and hope we continue to do so for many weeks to come. 

We've registered for The Northshore Half Marathon on June 3rd!

No comments: