Two weeks after I put my condo on the market, I had an offer. 45 days agonizing days later my condo finally closed on Tuesday. While the last few days leading up to the close were nostalgic and somewhat stressful, the actual moment the sale was final I jumped up and down. Literally.
Selling this condo had more meaning to me than I will probably be able to explain, but I will give it a try.
In March of 2008 I purchased this modern 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom in Wicker Park. It was the first (and only) major purchase I've made in my life. Until that point in my life, I'd always had a roommate and almost always had a boyfriend. Life had been somewhat of a party. But somehow I found myself 29 and newly single. My roommate of 7 years was engaged to be married and would be moving in with her fiance in the summer.
Searching for this condo gave me something to be excited about. Something to look forward to.
I loved this condo. I bought in a neighborhood away from most of my friends. I expressed myself by painting, decorating and filled it with my personality. I rediscovered my inner strength (which had been buried for just a little while). I graduated residency and fellowship. I put down the remote/wine bottle and trained for an Ironman.
Selling this condo was monumental. It feels like it marked the end of a chapter and the beginning of the next. I will be forever grateful I had an opportunity to be a home owner all on my own. For my single years in my late twenties and early thirties. It's funny how life works out just the way it's suppose to.
1 comment:
You have every reason to feel pleased, proud, and productive!!!
Post a Comment