The past week I've been feeling a lot more stressed than usual. I've never been particularly great at change, regardless of how fantastic the changes might be. Some might remember that I cried every single day for the first three months of college, even though I was having the time of my life.
Over the years I've learned to handle life altering moments more smoothly, which will come in handy over the next few months. My lifelong friend and I were discussing how even wonderful life events can take a toll on our well-being. I remembered this stress scale from medical school. The scale is used to identify people at risk for physical illness due to increased stress levels. It's been validated and used regularly since the 1970s.
A score of greater than 150 puts you at moderate risk for illness and greater than 300 at high risk for illness.
So. Where do you fall? With selling my condo, moving in with Jason, graduating fellowship, moving to Milwaukee, starting my first job and getting married in the next year, I've got a lot on my plate. Luckily I didn't make the > 300 category, but still know I need to put a little more effort into taking care of myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment