Sunday, March 11, 2012

Matron of Honor

I wanted to announce my bridal party one by one over the next few weeks, starting of course with my sister, my trailblazer, my biggest advocate, my matron of honor.

Many people think my sister and I are far from alike.  She is filled with Grace.  A calm and compassionate soul who has always had wisdom surpassing her years.  She puts her strengths to perfect use as a palliative care social worker, helping ease some of life's most difficult situations; not to mention she is a certified Yoga instructor.  She has more Zen, or whatever hippie people call it, than I ever will.  She is brilliant and inspiring, following her heart and being true to herself confidently. 

The truth is, my sister and I aren't so different.  We may have different interests and style, but we have the same core.  We are the only people in on this planet who truly understand why we are who we are.  We bring out a side in each other that no one else can.  We laugh until it hurts and will forever drop anything for the other to help through life's not so great moments.    

I can't put into words how important she is to me, which is why I am blessed to have her as my Matron of Honor.
My first day of school at Lakeside Elementary.

Summer cottage on Lake Michigan.

1 comment:

MTC said...

Very sweet!