Sunday, June 10, 2012

Roger Waters- The Wall

 Natalie and Andrew invited us to join them at The Wall at Wrigley Field on Friday night.  I've been to a lot of concerts in my life, many with mind blowing theatrics, but nothing compares to what we were in store for.
 Roger Waters- The Wall is as much a socio-political visual-spectical as it is music.  The Wall itself was a 35 foot wall made of cardboard bricks which served as a giant video screen.  It served as a memorial to war victims, including Waters late father who died in WWII. There were war planes, fireworks, giant inflatables including a fascist pig. 
 This was much more than a concert.  It was an emotionally moving journey were music I've always known took on a whole new meaning for me.  I'll blog more about that another time.  And no.  I wasn't high.
If I can even figure out how to upload a video on here, I will!!

1 comment:

mtc said...

Anxious for the video!!!