Thursday, June 21, 2012

G.E.B.

 For weeks I've been waiting in anticipation for the opening of Graham Elliot Bistro (G.E.B.).  Living across the street from Randolph street's "Secret Garden," we've been taunted with the possibility of what was coming for some time.  A few weeks ago G.E.B. finally opened.  Last night we had our first experience.

We were surprised when we arrived at 6:30 and were seated immediately. The crowd was lively but not pretentious and most tables were full.  And then the menus came.  Old record sleeves with real records inside which served as the menu.  Mine was Hall and Oates- so I was automatically sold on this place.  Jason had a bit of envy, since his album was Yes.  

We each ordered a cocktail, which were wonderful.  Next time we might order a Schlitz, PBR or Old Style because they are served in beer koozies (awesome!)  While we waited for our meal, we loved checking out the candles of patron saints.  Everyone from Dennis Rodman to Slash has a candle.
And then enters the meal.  Wow.  We shared several small dishes and two entrees.  Not one dish dissapointed.  In fact, each was more delicious than the last.  Each menu choice is listed with only three ingredients, but the flavors are hardly simple.   We enjoyed the beet salad and shrimp appetizers, the lasagna, the trout and buttermilk chicken.  All perfect, but nothing could top the dessert of warm nutella stuffed beingets. 

Just when I thought the night couldn't get better, I made a trip to the ladies room.  Sign = Pat Benatar Album.  Slam dunk. 

I will be back again and again and again.  If you go, text me.  I'll walk across the street and join you!!!

3 comments: