The next bridesmaid to introduce is Ms. Annie (Andrea) Ryan.
Annie and I met early on freshman year at Michigan while pledging our sorority. I was immediately drawn to her quick witted humor and self-assured attitude. We became roommates, sharing a bunk bed sophomore year, and continued living together until graduation. We both stayed in Ann Arbor an extra year before moving to Chicago and living within a blocks radius of each other until I bought my condo in 2008. It's safe to say anything that has happened in my life after 1996, Annie has been a part of it.
Graduating from University of Michigan's nursing school, Annie immediately entered into the most challenge fields in nursing with jobs at University of Chicago Pediatric Intensive Care Unit to start and then moving onto Northwestern Childrens Memorial PACU. She put her intelligence, independence and no-nonsense personality to the test after recently graduated from UIC's Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program and is now the first NP in a large Chicago hospital Pediatric Emergency room- a job created just for her. I've never seen a bigger dog-lover than Annie, taking care of her own boxer isn't enough, she spends free time volunteering at PAWS as well. Annie will makes me belly laugh until it hurts, but she'll also talk to me endlessly and non-judgementally until I'm in a better place than where I started. She knows I'd do the same for her.
Annie has always supported me and knocked sense into me when I've felt insecure. There was a point in time I felt I saw something in Annie's core that even she didn't know was there. Over the past few years, I've seen her bring out that part of her personality more; as she surpasses even my greatest hopes for her! Annie is a beautiful and loyal person whom I love deeply and feel lucky to call a friend. I know no matter what success and set backs life may have in store for us, we'll be side-by-side like sisters.
Happy Birthday Annie. Looking forward to running our first race together next weekend!

2 comments:
All SOOOO true. LOVE You Annie!
Happy Birthday Annie! What a great friend you have been to V!
Post a Comment