Friday, January 20, 2012

WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!!

 Last week Wed. night I was in for the surprise of my life.  One thing I love about Jason is how well he listens and observes things.  He often knows things about me that I don't even remember telling him or even things I don't realize myself.  Our engagement night was no different.  It was perfect.

He knew he should hold off on proposing the weekend before, when I was in the dumps over some work stuff.  He understood that I needed to make a decision about my job contracts and was planning to do so that week.  Although I never told him, he could tell that decision would be much easier for me after we were engaged.  I think he somehow even knew I wanted to be engaged by my annual girls weekend, even though that was something I definitely never shared with him or anyone until now.  And so the stage was set....

After a long day (week, hell, year) at work, I headed over to Jason's house for what I thought would be ordering in.  I walked in the door and Jason's place was spotless.  I noticed that a chair was missing from the dining room table and I saw Mr. Ninja right out in the open (Ninja's have a special place in our relationship).  Not very stealth for a ninja.  I pointed this crappy hiding spot out to Jason, who prompted me to take a closer look.  I saw a silver colored ring on it and thought "I don't remember the Ninja being a keychain" and then it hit me.  And what did I do?  I ran to the kitchen. I ran away.  Not because I wasn't dying to be engaged to Jason, but a thousand thoughts were in my head.  I needed a manicure.  My hair was a mess and I was wearing pants with holes in them.  Are we going to order in tacos right after we get engaged?!?!  I don't want to order in on the night we get engaged!  So I started asking him about what kind of food he wanted to order for dinner.

He laughed and walked me over to the table.  When I was able to breath again, Jay said some of the sweetest things, of which I remember the first and last sentence.  And then....he got on one knee and put the most beautiful ring I've ever seen on my finger.  Afterwards he told me we had reservations at a resturant we love, Sepia.  He knew me so well.  He knew I'd want to get dressed up and go celebrate and he even budgeted time to drive me back home to change clothes. 

It's going to be a crazy year of changes ahead, but I couldn't be happier to have a partner in crime whom I love so very much!!


5 comments:

The Hamm Family said...

Great picture - you both look SO happy!!!

and I like the bartender's little mustache...

Much love to my favorite friend and her man.

Andrea @ the MF Dre said...

woooo hoooo! this may make the top of the leader board for the BEST YEAR EVER! love you so much and Jason is the PERFECT match for my BFF. xoxoxo

MTC said...

We are VERY happy for you both, and we are looking forward to sharing the adventures that the next year will bring!

Veronica said...

Thanks guys!! And look at that. 3 people actually read this blog! :)

Lance Ingram said...

It sounds like Jason planned an incredibly thoughtful and romantic proposal.