Sunday, January 29, 2012

Modern Day Chain Email, But Less Annoying

I was tagged by THE MF DRE in 11 Things Blog Post.  Remember those emails everyone used to fill out and pass around about if they had any piercings, etc?  This reminds me of this, except it doesn't clutter your inbox.  I have to admit I always liked reading those things about my closest friends.  Since The MF DRE is one of my favs....I'm going to participate.

Rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.

My Randoms:
1.  My dream profession as a small child was to be a garbage man.  This doctor thing didn't hit the career radar until the 5th grade.
2.  I once had a goldfish named Bo Schembechler.  When he died I was crushed and convinced it would be a horrible year for Michigan football.  That was the year we won the national championship.
3.  Other than goldfish, I am uncreative with names.  My teddy bear as a child was named Ted.  My pet gerbel was Merbel.  I had a stuffed monkey named Monk.  You get the idea.
4.  I was actually suppose to be a middle child.  Those who know me well know it's a blessing things worked out this way.  I am a true "baby of the family" until 18 months and 2 days ago when my first niece was born. 
5.  It is a rare that a day goes by without someone commenting on my height.  I'm not exaggerating.  I don't mind though.
6. When I was in the 6th grade, my science teacher said if you jumped every day 100 times a day, by high school you could dunk a basketball.  And so I did.  For a good month.  It didn't work.
7.  The first time I was on a plane was our 6th grade trip to Washington D.C.
8.  I could eat peppermint stick ice cream and chips with melted cheese/salsa everyday for the rest of my life.
9.  Some girls love shoes.  I love pajamas and underwear.  3 drawers full.
10.  I miss my friends.  Always.  Even right after I've seen them.  It's a little ridiculous.
11.  I wish I had a Bernese Mountain Dog.  I'd name him Bernie (please see number 3).


  11 questions…
  1.  In what moment of your day do you feel most free?  Walking over the bridge to the parking structure as I leave the hospital for the day.
  2. Brag for a moment about one of the accomplishments you’re most proud of.  Completing the Ironman.  I never knew I had the strength- mental and physical.
  3. You’re having a dinner party.  How many people are you inviting and what would you make? Six people is perfect.  I'd make Broccoli Quinoa or some sort of spicy stir fy.
  4. Do you prefer to work out in the morning? At night? Not at all?  Morning.  Unfortunatley most days I wait until after work.  I have to be at work by 6:30 most days.....
  5. Which reality TV show has succeeded in sucking you in season after season?  None.  Hate me if you want.  I dabble in a few but not really hooked on any.
  6. What is the most random thing you put Peanut Butter on?  A spoon.  Straight from the jar is my fav.
  7. Would you prefer to live a long life or a broad life? I think most people in medicine would agree....Broad life.  Quality years over quanitity.  
  8. Prius.  Love ‘em or Hate ‘em?    Don't care either way!
  9. What song are you embarrassed to say you love?  Anything by Kesha.
  10. Valentines Day? Love it or Hate it?   Both.  Hate the fact that those who are single feel sad and those in a relationship could usually care less.  Love any chance to decorate, give cards, and other cheesy crap like that.  Give the MR. something homemade and edible.
  11. What is your best advice for me in my first full Marathon this year?   Remember this on your race day.  Race day is a victory lap.  You've already put in all the hard work, long hours, dedication.  No matter what comes your way on race day keep a smile on your face, soak in the crowd, the music, the support.  IT IS YOUR DAY.
NEW questions…
  1.  Name one thing that happened today that you are thankful for?
  2. Brag for a moment about one of the accomplishments you’re most proud of. ( I liked this one so kept it!)
  3. What are some ways you save money?
  4. What is your favorite type of exercise?  Which exercise type is most challenging for you?
  5. If you had to relive any part of your life, which would it be? 
  6. Who is a friend you've lost touch with that you still think of often?
  7. Are you an organ donor?  If so why.  If not why?
  8. Do you have a musical talent??  What is it?
  9. What advice do you have for me as I am starting my wedding planning?
  10. What New Years Resolutions have you actually kept.
  11. Who do you look like more, your mom or your dad?  Who do you act like more?
Tag You’re It (And I know most of you won't do this)
THE HAMM FAMM
TOM's Ironman BLOG
Smooth Dave Hamm Famm
Mom meets Baby
David and Marta
Laura Friendly 
And then I ran
Life Love Laughter 

 

No comments: