Mock Rock is an event The University of Michigan athletes started when I was in college to raise money for a scholarship in Jeffery Reese's name. Jeffery's death in 1997 hit the atheletic community hard when he died trying to loose weight rapidly in order to wrestle in a lighter weight class against MSU. I never knew him, but I remember all the sports teams coming together to support the effort. Most athletes have pushed themselves to the limit at one point or another and the death was tragid.
Mock Rock continues on 13 years after it's first appearance, raising money for different causes now. Mock Rock 2012 will take place next week. Last year's MC was Dhani Jones, a fellow pre-med student of mine turned pro-athlete/travel channel star.
I found the Michigan Mens Swimming Team's performance the most enteretaining. Hope you do to.
Lanky guys with horrible hair dancing--pretty funny. So are Dhani and Brady Hoke at the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment