
This photo of Milwaukee is courtesy of TripAdvisor
The day after our engagement, I signed a three year contract at The Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee as a transplant hepatologist. I think it really took a few weeks to sink in, we will be moving to Milwaukee in August. There. I said it. For the first time publicly.
I'm really excited about the position, the mentorship and support I will have there. It was a extremely difficult decision, given the fantastic opportunity at Spectrum and other places as well. In the end, I decided I wanted more experience in the field of transplant before going somewhere that did not already have a well established program. It is still hope to someday be a part of bringing liver transplant to Grand Rapids, but hope this opportunity will make me better prepared for such a task.
So. We are moving to Milwaukee. I've never been there except for the hospital. Jason is happy that there are several good music venues and professional sports. I'm excited to be near the lake front for long runs, good biking and some skiing. We're both happy that it will be only 1 hour and 20 minutes back to Chicago (closer to those who may one day live in the north suburbs). We plan to keep one of our places here and return often. Really often. It almost seems like we wont be moving at all, because it will be so easy to get back whenever we want.
2 comments:
Hooray Wisconsin!!!
So proud of you! SO SO proud! And I can't wait to come visit you in Milwaukee (after we have one or two last partay's in Chicago (hello Ragnar). xoxox
Post a Comment