Monday, July 8, 2013

Independence Day

Our Fourth of July was so much fun, to be honest I'm a little bummed it's over.  We were lucky to have some of our favorite friends from Chicago come visit us in Milwaukee for the day/night.

I started the day joining Amanda and Aaron along with some of their friends (now our friends) who live in Whitefish Bay.  We walked to the neighborhood parade which was a lot of fun.....especially for the kids.

Then I came home to set up the backyard BBQ for our guests.  I was so excited to make this patriot drink, layered Red White and Blue.  Now that I know the secret, I'm sure I'll make more colorful cocktails!  Basically all you need is different sugar contents.  The highest sugar content goes on the bottom.  You need to make sure to pour the next layer directly over crushed ice (fill it all the way up to the top with ice) and the colors won't mix!  I used cherry lemonade for the red, regular gatorade for the white and low calorie gatorade for the blue.  A nice non-alcoholic treat for a hot summer day.
Of course some of us added raspberry vodka!
Lots of laughs, endless food and a perfect summer day made for a great celebration.
I wish we could hang out with this group EVERY day.
We ended the celebration with our last night at Summerfest with Goob and Melinda.  Guster put on an outstanding show.  I danced so much that my legs actually hurt the next day.

All good things come to an end, but I'll be wishing for a time when we can all get together again.


No comments: