Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reliving the Wedding

Our wedding photos from Mitch Ranger Photography arrived this week.  For those of you at the wedding, you know he was amazing.  I've spent the last several days combing through literally thousands of fantastic images trying to pick my favorites.  After a years worth of planning and a lifetime of waiting, I want to relive every moment as long as possible.  So......brace yourself for several days of wedding details up on my blog.

Today's highlight Grandma TenCate's stole.


My family has always told me I look like my late grandmother in her younger days.  Maybe it was my lace dress or my updo, but in our wedding photos I do see a striking resemblance.  A loving wife and mother, I can think of worse people to be compared to.


At my bridal shower, my aunt and cousin gifted me a beautiful fur stole which was my grandmothers.  On the inner pocket. you can see her initials LTC still embroidered.



It was so special for me to wear this on our wedding day, keeping a woman of intelligence, spunk, graceful beauty near me more than 15 years after her passing. 


1 comment:

MTC said...

A very nice tribute to your grandma!!!!