Don't let me fool you. With my 20 days in a row working 10+ hour days and my board exam next week there has been little time for exploring my new city. No manicures. Few phone calls. Feeling overall fairly unsettled. So Jay and I did make time for The Milwaukee Glo Run on Saturday night. Our homemade chili and DVR of the UM/ND game waited for us at home.
Runners were given neon t-shirts, glow-in-the-dark necklaces and sunglasses and splattered with neon paint. A DJ, hula-hoops and beach balls made the start of the run feel more like a party than a run. The run started along Lake Michigan in a field by The Milwaukee Yacht club and after dusk we rank through a path in the woods headed up hill. There were a few areas set up with strobe lights, black lights and disco balls. So fun to watch the people in front of you get pumped up while going through those areas.
Such a cool idea, but not the best execution. There were plenty of walkers, but people didnt really line up according to how fast they wanted to. The path was super narrow, very dark (I get it, it's a glo-run) and the out-and-back course made passing very difficult and borderline dangerous. I'm not trying to run like Usain Bolt here, just a jog and not walk. Next time they should try either a wider path or do a better job lining up based on expected pace.
Overall, though, we had a great time. I found out running with Jason really pushes me. I do love glow necklaces!!! And the fun of a night time half party/half run was just what I needed.
2 comments:
GloNecklaces vs. Gloworm? Guess you've officially crossed over.....
i mean, if i knew where Glo Worm was, I'd still sleep with him.
Post a Comment