Friday, September 7, 2012

Anyone want to get #PrettyMuddy?

A few years ago, I read about the Men's Health Urbanathlon and have wanted to complete an obstacle run since.  It seems the races are getting more uncomfortable and less fun (I don't really want to crawl into a super narrow tube and then get electric shocks to my head).  More and more friends photos of mud runs are appearing on facebook every day.  Finally, I found the perfect one to try.

Pretty Muddy is an all Womens' 5K race with several obstacles meant to be challenging with a stress on fun.  The event is not timed and is truly meant to be a good time.  Since my triathlon, I've found it hard to motivate to work out.  With my new job and board exam coming up, I've been pretty stressed and could certainly use some fun.

So, I'm registered for the first Pretty Muddy race- Chicago Pretty Muddy on Sept. 15th in the 9:15am heat.  A perfect reason to head back to Chicago for one night (hopefully celebrate some birthdays) and get down and dirty before heading back to Milwaukee for work Sunday morning.

Sound fun?!  Great!  Join me.
I've got a $10 discount code for you when you register enter:
FitFluentialPM12

If you can't make it Sept 15th, other races are:

Columbus, OH**      Sept. 29, 2012**
Richmond, VA          Oct. 20, 2012
Jacksonville, FL        Nov. 3, 2012
Tampa,  FL               Nov. 10, 2012
Miami, FL              Nov. 17, 2012

This is not my first time playing in the mud as an "adult."  I learned some valuable lessons in the 1999 UM homecoming SAE Mudbowl that I'll bring with me on race day.  But this time playing in the mud will be more civilized.

photo credit: www.umvictors.com


***To use this discount code in Columbus you must wear a clean Michigan t-shirt before and after the race, but wear an Ohio State t-shirt while diving into the mud.


FitFluential LLC compensated me for this Campaign. All opinions are my own.

No comments: