Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Damonland- The Bachelorette Edition


Far away from civilization, down a long windy "road", just when I started to panic that I was lost......Damonland.  

This was my first trip to the infamous cabin in the woods and it did not disappoint.  We were here to honor the single days of my dear friend Carrie.  True to bachelorette code, I will not disclose many details except to say that this girl's bachelorette party probably rivaled many of the other parties held here in the past.  


Carrie's college friends flew in for the festivities.  High school friends drove hours.  Sister-in-laws  came from a far.  I figured I would know some of Carrie's high school by name, but never really KNEW them.   I didn't really know what to expect.  

They say your friends are a reflection of yourself.  This couldn't be more true for Carrie.  Her friends were warm and welcoming, easy-going and adventurous.  They are smart and funny people who I'm excited to party with again!   It was also really fun to catch up my good high school friend's little sister and step-sister.



Damonland was a blast and it is very clear that this Bachelorette has a lot of women who love her very much.  

But.......perhaps not the kind of pre-race carb loading that I should have been doing prior to Steelhead 70.3.  Yikes.

3 comments:

Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane said...

Sounds like you had so much fun!! I want details :D And that cabin looks like a great place to relax in. Have a great weekend : )

Veronica said...

I'll never tell :) Hope you have a great one too!!

Carrie D said...

Such an amazing weekend! Thanks for being there, V (aka best fire-maker i know)!! :) xoxo