Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Road to the Ironman Part 6: Olympic Distance Triathlon



This weekend I completed my first Olympic triathlon. (.93 mile swim, 24.6 mile bike, 6.2 mile run). Overall it was a great experience. I raced with two friends from UIC- Karin and Christina. The course was set in a few loops so I was able to see them both a few times. My dad, friend Andi and Jen came to cheer us on. It's amazing how seeing a familiar face can give you such a big pick me up during an event like this.

I made a lot of mistakes and learned a lot, but still managed to finish only 5 minutes slower than my goal time. I'm not speedy, but I've come a long way in one year.



The rest of the weekend was spent boating, lounging, and having fun with friends and family at the lake. I wish I could do that more.

2 comments:

smoothdave said...

Nice zebra skin boating ensemble.

Veronica said...

i will bring it for you to borrow when i am back in Madison in two weeks