This weekend I have to work on Sunday while the rest of my Ironman training group will be riding together in a race called "Utter Century." So I needed to do a 4+ hour bike ride today. I was worried about doing it alone, but luckily Amanda volunteered to join. Most of you know Amanda was my roommate for more than 6 years. She is also racing in her very first triathlon next weekend in Naperville. Last night we met for happy hour at Wells, walked to a few bike shops to find her some racing gear, before gorging ourselves on a pretty spectacular Cuban meal.
We met again at 6:45 this morning to start out on the long ride. We rode the North Trail which is a beautiful trail in the forest preserves on the north branch of the Chicago River. The trail starts near Devon and ends at the Chicago Botanical Gardens.
Amanda rode with me for 40 MILES!! Pretty impressive for her longest ride ever. It made the ride so much more fun. I'm lucky that I've met cool people through my training group to ride with, but I'm thrilled to also have someone as close to me as Amanda to train with. Hopefully she will love her first race and become hooked like me!
Now it's off to Indiana for a fundraiser and to see Jay Leno. Too bad my camera is broken. I know you'd all love to see some Jay Leno shots.
No comments:
Post a Comment