Last
week Thursday I flew to Washington DC for "The Liver Meeting." This is
an annual event bringing hepatologists and transplant surgeons from all
over the world together to share the latest research and advances.
Five days jam packed with information from 8am to 7pm.
I had every breakfast, lunch and dinner scheduled to catch up with other hepatologists.
Friday I met a few friends who where fellows at Northwestern for a cocktail. They now work at Emory and University of Michigan. This was followed by a dinner with all my current colleagues. Saturday was filled with catching up with my friends and former mentors from UIC who are now at Loyola University. Sunday we had a young ladies cocktail hour with hepatologists from Rush, Loyola, Emory, Columbia and UPenn present.
I was lucky enough to have time with my college roommates as well. And between all of this I somehow made time to sneak in some of my favorite DC sites.
I was lucky enough to have time with my college roommates as well. And between all of this I somehow made time to sneak in some of my favorite DC sites.
The First Lady's exhibit at National Museum of American History (this one is Jackie Os)
Cocktails at the rooftop bar of The W hotel
The White House complete with secret service on the roof
My first visit to The Korean War Memorial. Wow.
And finally, The Lincoln Memorial.
I love DC. I wish I'd had more time to explore, but I'll be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment