The last time I went to a state fair, I was probably in middle school and excited to roam around without my parents. The state fair is a BIG deal here in Wisconsin. We're talking traffic jam kind of big deal. Last year I had no desire to go. This year, Jay was so excited to see Weird Al (yum, yes) so we had tickets for Friday.
I'm so glad we went!
I'm so glad we went!
We started off looking at the prize animals (cows, ducks, bunnies, chickens, you name it).
Next stop, fried goodness. Hey. When in Wisconsin....
After some cheese curds and corn dogs we headed to the rides.
This was my favorite part!
These rides are pretty wild. I was more scared than I remember. Mostly because the teenager running the thing seemed to be clueless.
And then the main event. Weird Al. Front and center for the steep price of $20. This show was actually hilarious. He wore different costumes for each parody. I didn't know many of the words except "Just Eat It" but listening to them, this guy is so creative and well, weird.
Finally we wrapped up the night with some Fried Smores. Of course.
Good times at the state fair. Highly recommended!
No comments:
Post a Comment