Truth be told, I have been on only one run over 6 miles since Nashville. And really running only once a week the last three weeks. Sometimes life gets a little crazy. I'm trying so hard to make my own health and fitness a priority, but it's not simple.
So this weekend Jay and I ran in our first Milwaukee half-marathon. My friends Abby and Sara had suggested this one to us. We were excited because the registration came with free Summerfest tickets, so we signed up!
(sporting my UA BRING IT headband courtesy of #WhatsBeautiful Campaign)
I was pleasantly surprised at what a great race this was! Probably around 6,000 runners lined up outside the art museum for the 13.1 run along the lake front. Our luck with weather wasn't the greatest again. This time a light drizzle and high 50s. The race started with a run over a 2 mile long bridge. Quite the warm-up. Then after we reached the other side, we turned around and ran right back over it! Needless to say the first four miles were rough. The runners' attitude was lighthearted, cheering each other over the bridge.
After that the race course went along the lakefront north to our neighborhood and back. The course was lined with different musicians, ethnic dancers of all varieties and smiling volunteers. I was really impressed with the staff, the well-marked and beautiful course. The only thing that was disappointing was that there were no gels on the course. Normally I wouldn't have cared, but I dropped mine at mine 2 and could have used the calories/sugar while out there.
Jay rocked this race. He wasn't sure if this was his PR and I loved that he didn't know. So we looked it up. As it turns out, it was his second best time. And his best in 10 years! I've never been one to care about time, but I was hoping to improve on my Nashville time. Especially since Nashville was such a hard course. Well- my time was nearly identical. I definatley felt stronger out there and loved running the lakefront in my new city!
We are looking forward to using our free Summerfest and Polishfest passes.
I am looking forward to moving from running races to triathlons for the rest of the year.
I am looking forward to moving from running races to triathlons for the rest of the year.

2 comments:
Congrats to you and Jay!!!
Thanks Nicole!
Post a Comment