Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Michigan with the Rents

 Last week I went home to hang with my mom after her recent knee replacement surgery.  Anyone who thinks a total knee replacement is a small, elective surgery should think again.  But what better place to work on recovering than on Payne Lake (no pun intended).  Out the window mom can see blue herrons, swans, and turtles.
 Mom is giving recovery every ounce of energy she has.  She even made the 45 minute trip into town for her hairdresser appointment in the trunk of the SUV!
Those of you who know my mom know she is about as strong as they come.  She has inspired independence, diligence and commitment into my sister and me since we were young.  She is being tested right now, both emotionally and physically but we know she will prevail.

For my UA What's Beautiful Campaign one of the challenges was to create a photo of the person who inspires you.  I made mine dedicated to my mom.  She would probably kill me if she saw this.  But then I would just give her a Percocet and tell her she imagined this photo :)  Just kidding Mom.
Love you


2 comments:

mtc said...

No amount of Percocet (well there may be a near death amount) could make me forget this photo. But that practice helped me to climb the 18 steps to our bedroom each night beginning with the second day after surgery. So go ahead, tell me I imagined the photo - I didn't imagine the climb!!!!

VTC said...

OMG! Mom is back to writing and searching the web. Welcome back mom. Love you