Jay and I made a spontaneous decision to check out The Bedford on Friday night. This restaurant/lounge opened a few weeks ago in a historic landmark building circa 1925 which was the original Home Bank & Trust. The bank vault is a cocktail lounge and dining area walls are lined with saftey deposit boxes. On the opposite walls are framed photographs which pay homage to middle-america, with Napolean Dinomite type boys pushing lawn mowers and shooting guns.The food was delish, but small portions. I was dissapointed that they had only 4 cocktails on the drink menu, for a place which is marketed to have a fantastic mixologist. Overall, the crowd was bit odd. Mostly hipsters and a fair amount of the over 60 crowd. This could have something to do with the fact that Jason and I eat dinner at 7:30 on a Friday.
I was really excited to try this place, mostly because it reminds me of some strange encounters exploring a deserted bank basement in Grand Rapids years ago, but wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped. Cool idea, just not executed quite right.
No comments:
Post a Comment