Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend

This 4th was a great combination of friends, family, work and play. My parents were in town Friday and Saturday before heading out to see my sister in Minnesota. Sat and Sat night I worked but did have a chance to escape over to Amanda's for some roof top pool and BBQ time. Sunday morning Jay and I took our first open water swim at Ohio Street beach followed by a fantastic brunch at Feast.

Sunday Evening Amanda, Kelly and I along with our significant others kayaked down the Chicago river to watch the fireworks. Great way to avoid the crowd and really fun to be in the heart of the city on the river. Monday we wrapped up the weekend with a long bike ride and a free concert/picnic in Millenium Park. Overall it was a great weekend in Chicago and made not being home on the lake less painful :)


No comments: