Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lately, I have been less than thrilled with work. I love being a doctor and caring for patients. I love teaching and learning on a daily basis. But what I dont love is the political things that happen not matter what your career choice is. It's been hard to get myself to come in with a good attitude every day, but I've been trying to stay upbeat and focus on patient care and teaching residents rather than worrying about the things which are out of my control.

Then today I get this email:

Major Emergency Exercise, Wednesday, June 16

On Wednesday, June 16, Rush will host a major emergency exercise with theIllinois National Guard. Soldiers will be here acting as victims inthe simulated disaster event. Large decontamination tents will be set up on Flournoy Street. Also, three Black Hawk helicopters will be taking off and landing between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. from Pasteur Park at Wood and Harrisonstreets, near the Rush emergency department entrance.Please do not be alarmed, and please share this information with visitors and patients.


Is it strange that I am excited for this tomorrow??

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome! Please take pictures...oh and keep saving lives! You're good at it!

Carrie said...

Awesome! Please take pictures...oh and keep saving lives! You're good at it!

V said...

Ha! Thanks Carrie :) I somehow missed the entire event! Oh well.