Monday, May 31, 2010

Staycation

This holiday weekend, I stayed in Chicago while the rest of the city emptied out! It was a beautiful weekend to enjoy all the city has to offer, without the crowds or traffic!
Even though I worked most of the day Saturday, Jason and I did have time to escape to the park for an hour and have a BBQ at Amanda's new apartment in the South loop.

After working overnight on Sat night, I was exhausted on Sunday. But not too tired to jump on my bike with Jason and head to Lake Shore Drive for "Bike the Drive." We rode about 40 miles in the sun and light breeze and finished up before the weather turned HOT !
Then we spent some time wandering The Maxwell Street market. Jason impressively can name all of these action figures by name. Can you?


After Maxwell street, some girlfriends came over to help me plant my flowers. We enjoyed a nice evening BBQing and hanging on my newly decorated porch before I fell asleep at a time that women with blue hair usually do.

Today's plans were foiled by the rain, so I spent the morning shopping on Michigan Ave. Not a bad way to end a great weekend!

No comments: