Most of you know my passion for food and eating at great resturants.
This week was Restaurant week in Chicago, where many upscale places offer a set three course meal for $32. I've been pretty busy at work, but a girl's gotta eat.....
and here are some places worth trying
Sat- Cafe 28 (okay, this wasn't part of restaurant week but fantastic none-the less:
The location/food type: Irving Park and Ashland, Cuban
The company: Jason, and his friend Carl and Tiffany who came in from Naperville leaving their kids at home w/ a sitter!!
What I ate: Ropa Vieja :Choice flank steak slowly simmered in a garlic tomato & bell pepper sauce until it falls apart. Served with white rice, black beans & sweet plantains.
Group Favorite: Jalapeno glazed pork chops
We all had different entrees and no one left unsatisfied. Fantastic food and huge portions in a cozy atmosphere.
Wed- National 27
The location: River North, Latin
The company: Jason
What we ate: sparkling sangria toast
Boniato & Plantain Croquetas, Smoked Chicken Empanadas and Guacamole, Chips & Salsa.
Farm Raised Chicken Mole Verde
Grand Marnier Chocolate Torte and Sorbets & Ice Cream
Overall Report: My 6th time to this place and I still love it. For a drink, appys, a nice dinner or dancing on the weekends this one will stay on the top of my list.
Friday- Eve
Location: Viagra triangle/ American
Company: The girls from my residency
What I ate: Maine Lobster Bisque Green Papaya, Pineapple, Vanilla Emulsion
Green Curry Short ribs and bok choy
Apple Crisp Butterscotch, Apple-Thyme Ice Cream
the crowd favorite:Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pot de Crème Peanut Brittle
Overall: Great atmosphere and service, voted the best food of restaurant week by my foodie friends. But I hate the location. So annoying to get to.
Saturday- Salpicon
Location: Old Town, Mexican
The Company: Jamie/Filip, Annie/Jeff and Jay.
What I ate: Ceviche:fresh blue marlin marinated in lime juice with onions, tomatoes, fresh chiles and herbs
Chicken Mole Pobalano
Dessert: Crepe with raspberries and mango
Overall: HUGE portions, great location, hilarious conversation, would love to eat here again.
So- if I've made you hungry, good news!!! Restaurant week has been extended one more week!! Too bad I'll be in Colorado, but probably better for my waist line anyways.
No comments:
Post a Comment