Sunday, June 1, 2008

Here's to You Dave!

As it turns out, guy's named David are the coolest people around. Two people named David in particular have given me motivation and technical support for my new blog- Dave Hamm and Dave Staple. This made me wonder, "What's with the name David?"

David is a Hebrew word meaning beloved. It is the 13th most popular name in the United States and also popular in Spain (#4 in 2006) and Austria (#3 in 2006).
Camp David is the name for the US President's mountain retreat and also what I once thought was the name of UW-Madison's football stadium. I have since been corrected.

Anyhow, hats off to the two Davids.

2 comments:

smoothdave said...

I'm looking forward to lots of good code brown stories.

dwstaple said...

I once overheard a "gentleman" in a convenience store in Lake County, Michigan exlaim, "if it's brown, it's down, it's meat on the dinner table." He was bragging to his friends about his hunting prowess. For whatever reason, that is what "code brown" brings to my mind. That, and fecal incontinence of course.

Thanks for the "shout out."