Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pretty Muddy 2014



You may remember this post from 1.5 years ago, when Annie and I participated in the first ever mud run for women only in Chicago.  What a fun and different thing to do with a great friend on a Saturday morning.  I was most impressed that the event was so unintimidating and encouraging to women of all sizes and athletic abilities.


I am thrilled that the nice people of Pretty Muddy have asked me to be a part of the Team Pretty Muddy.  I want to encourage other women to get out of their comfort zone, have some fun and get fit.
 I've decided I would like to put together a team of women interested in a non-competitive 5K run/walk.  I'd like the group to encourage beginner run/walkers through the obstacles, support each other and have a whole lot of fun.  If you'd like to join my team in Chicago on August 16th, I can offer a 10% discount off registration!   Email me at codebrowndr@gmail.com if you are interested in being a part of our team.


Even better, I have one free entry to offer one of you.  Enter your name and why you are inspired to get fit in the comment section below.  I will randomly select a winner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lore Ambrose, I would love to join your team. I have never done one of these races and I think it would be a very hard challenge to keep up with you

Alex Beaver said...

Good morning!

I came across your running blog this morning and was curious if you were considering running in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon for 2014? As you may know, the marathon is operating as a raffle this year. However, if you run for a charity, you are guaranteed a spot in the race!

I’m the charity race team coordinator at Girls in the Game, a non-profit in Chicago helping girls throughout Chicago school teaching girls about sports, healthy habits, and leadership skills. We have entries for the Chicago Marathon at no cost to our runners and we offer a number of great benefits, such as a running coach to assist your training. To see a list, check out our website:

http://girlsinthegame.org/content/index.asp?s=508&s2=526&p=526&t=Commitment-Details.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions at abeaver@girlsinthegame.org

Thank you,
Alex

John Bennett MD said...

Hey Veronica:

wow, code brown! had not this one in a while!

Hope you get this; i am putting together some online interviews of interesting triathletes before our online event on January 27th, for http://fittriathlete.com/

what do you say? I can arrange it all

John Bennett MD
InternetMedicine.com