Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chicago Marathon

 This weekend was my spectator as a marathon spectator. 
I've been looking forward to this one for a year, my original intention to sit this one out to cheer from Jay.  Since we started dating, he's spent countless days supporting my triathlons and marathons.  I have not been able to return the favor and be proud fiance from the sidelines.  
 Once he learned one of his closest friends was getting married the night before, it was a no-brainer that he would sit this one out.  So I'll wait to cheer him on another year.  

 I was so excited to cheer on some of my favorite friends and I made 6 signs to prove it.  I was thrilled I saw almost everyone I was looking for.  The only exception was Ides, but I had no idea he had become such a mountain man.
Andrea came from LA and rocked out a PR marathon, Anu kicked some booty, Mandi and Ides took advantage of their altitude training and Bratis finished her first marathon ever! 


Perhaps the best part about marathon weekend was spending time with my college rooms and getting a chance to know their guys better.  Friday night we had a carb loading dinner at Rosebuds.
Sunday Annie cheered Andrea from Lincoln Park and Pete and I enjoyed a sideline PBR in the West Loop and at the finish line.  I might have been more excited for her to see all of my favorite city by foot than she was!  I was so happy to spend the day with Dre's fiance, now I was able to see for myself why they are the perfect match.


I finished up my weekend tour with a beer on Southport with Andy, Mandi and Carrie D. followed by a homemade dinner in the north burbs w Amanda and Aaron.

I might not have a lot of friends in my new city yet, but I can really cram in some fun into my Chicago weekends!

No comments: