I had the first of the 7 interviews I have scheduled this month yesterday.
While I probably won't and shouldn't blog about all my interviews, the strengths and weaknesses of each position, I think many of you would be interested in this one.
It was my second interview at Spectrum Medical Group in Grand Rapids.
For those of you who have moved away but heard things about good old GR's medical mile-it's for real. The growth and opportunity at Spectrum is unbelievable. Spectrum Health was voted Top 10 Health Systems for the past two years, among more famous such as Mayo and Kettering.
TOP TEN.
They already have a major reasearch influence at VanAndel Institute and the Michigan State Medical School is beautiful. There is a Cancer Center, a beautiful Children's Hospital, and a Heart Center. Neurosciences are exploding with a very well known neurosurgeon and neurologists coming this year. There are huge plans for a bariatric/digestive disease center in the future, and then, my true passion....transplant. Heart transplants are already there. Others may be on the way.
I am honored and excited to say, I have my first job offer and it is in my home town.
Overwhelmed. Excited. Conflicted. Thankful.
Overwhelmed. Excited. Conflicted. Thankful.
Regardless of what I decide is right for my career and my future- there are amazing things happening in the health care community in Grand Rapids.
No comments:
Post a Comment