Sunday, August 23, 2009

Epic Weekend

My training group had one last long day of training this weekend which was dubbed "Epic Saturday" We arrived at The Bus' lake house in Round Lake at 7am. Swam 1.6 miles, biked 90+ miles and then ran about a half hour. It went really well and relatively pain free. It built the confidence I need now that the race day count down has begun. Now it's time to taper and rest up!



I got back to the city by 6pm and quickly made it over to Julie's going away party at Chaise Lounge. Julie is moving to Abu Dhabi for work for two years. It's sad to see her go, but looking forward to lots of great stories from her and maybe a visit!



Today Jason and I managed to get the best out of the city on a budget. We started with all you can eat brunch buffet in Wicker Park for only $12. Then headed to the Garfield Park Conservatory. It's much smaller than the Botanical gardens, but closer to the city, free and still pretty impressive. The weather was beautiful so we decided to sit out side this afternoon and have an ice cold Oberon at a brand new resturant/bar in his neighborhood called "Clutch." I'm exhausted now, but it was a great weekend!

No comments: